Volunteer Directions & Instructions
We wish to say “Thank You” for choosing to volunteer for Making Spirits Bright. Your gift of time is greatly appreciated.
- Upon arrival, all volunteers will be asked to sign “Volunteer Liability Release” waiver. This releases Making Spirits Bright and the Rotary Clubs of Sheboygan County from any liability for accidents that may occur while you a volunteer for the event. Minors will need a Minor Permission and Liability Release Form signed by a parent or guardian prior to arriving at the park.
- We will be open rain, snow or shine and would only close for a snow emergency. Your group contact will be notified.
- No alcohol is permitted during your shift since this s a family function.
- Please limit cell phone calls and text to emergency situations
Evergreen Park Light Display Volunteers
- Please arrive at event headquarters promptly at 4:30 PM for park assignments and brief instructions. All shifts are 4:30 PM-9:00 PM unless you have created shorter shifts within your group.
- Park in Area 2 from N. 25th St. and Pine Grove Ave. and walk to the large parking lot (food collection area) in the park and report to Making Spirits Bright headquarters.
- Duties will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis unless previously predetermined because of handicap or the like.
- Assignments include directing traffic, collecting food, handing out booklets, collecting cash donations and others as needed. Food collection area volunteers may be asked to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Please dress for the weather since duties will be outdoors. Please be prepared with hat, gloves, boots and umbrellas. We do not have these supplies available for you.
- All volunteers in the park will be required to wear a reflective vest over their jackets during their shift. These are provided by Making Spirits Bright.
- Food and beverages will be provided during your shift.
- Portable bathrooms are available.
Thank you again for volunteering and we look forward to a fun and enjoyable experience for everyone.